I don’t really like the Real Player programs – I know they’re
free but they always seem to insist on calling back to the Real
Networks site and it’s tough to work through all the settings to
stop it. Unfortunately, some sites I’ve visited recently only have
support for Real Audio so I’ve had to bite the bullet and reinstall
These are some instructions I found on
Google for disabling some of the less than obvious
From Real Networks:
Please follow the steps given below for the problem you are
1. Open RealOne Player
2. Go to Tools menu Preferences My Library category
3. Uncheck the “Enable This Feature” box under the “Add Media
Automatically to Library”
4. Click OK button in Preferences to confirm the change.
1. On the Tools menu, click Preferences.
2. In the Category pane, double-click Connection and then click
3. Select the Only Perform Automatic Services While RealOne Player
is in Use option. A warning message appears.
4. Click the No button in the message box.
5. In the Preferences window, click OK.