I’ve been running builds of Win7 on my 1525 for some time after doing an in-place upgrade from Vista 32-bit to the Win7 Beta. We recently announced that we won’t support build to build upgrades from Win7 Beta to Win7 RC (which will be available to MSDN/TechNet subscribers tomorrow) I could either revert to Vista and do another upgrade or install from scratch. I decided to take the opportunity to move to 64-bit and since that’s not possible when doing an upgrade from 32-bit Vista I installed from scratch. Although all the hardware was successfully detected, this left me without some of the Dell utilities including things like the Wi-Fi sniffer and full scrolling support from the Trackpad driver.

There’s a useful post on the TechNet forums about which drivers to use on a Dell Inspiron 1525 if you want to upgrade from 32-bit Vista to 64-bit Vista or Win7 and this helped get me up and running. It turns out that some of the 64-bit drivers aren’t listed for the 1525 but address the same hardware on other Dell machines and so work just fine.

posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:08 PM | Filed Under [ Windows ]
Comments
# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by amit on 5/4/2009 9:17 PM

thanks 4 u
# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by Hamza on 5/8/2009 5:56 PM

hello ,
I have a problem with Windows 7 inspiron 1252 build 7100 and 7077 , both don't run games :(

don't know exactly what's the problem , but the games loads and work very very slow :(

is there anywhy i can fix this !!! ?

# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by Adrian on 5/10/2009 7:53 AM

I guess it depends on the game. Do they run on Vista? You might try setting the compatibility for the program properties to Vista.
# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by Marcelo on 5/29/2009 6:24 AM

the problem is driver for video, not accept. The delphi 6 stop in display blue.
# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by riyas on 6/5/2009 7:58 AM

i want sound driver for my lap
# re: Dell Inspiron 1525 drivers for running Windows 7 64-bit
Posted by timothy on 6/15/2009 1:14 AM

i hav a problem with the display of my inspiron 1525 32 bit,can any boby help?
Comments have been closed on this topic.